Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1, 2010

Shield of Protection
Every word of God proves true;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
Proverbs 30:5 ESV

God, be my resting place and my protection
In hours of trouble, defeat, and dejection;
May I never give way to self-pity and sorrow;
May I always be sure of a better tomorrow.

This is a prayer that I read in a devotion I was reading this morning,  It says so aptly what I feel, the blessing and kindness that God is giving to us, our opportunity to look for God in the things around us.  May it minister to your heart also.

Dear Heavenly Father, I honor you as God Almighty. I appreciate
you for all your kindness and blessings lavished upon me. I love
you because you first loved me in Jesus. My heart's desire today is
to demonstrate my love for you in all I do, and love and say. In Jesus Name. Amen
Through Jesus. Amen.


Yesterday we had Sunday School and Church, since our pastor is gone, John Osborne was our leader, he does a very good job and it was a good day. Dad and I got a pizza and ate it on the way home. I went to the band and choir concert at school in the afternoon and I guess that is about the extent of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment