Thursday, February 18, 2010

February 18, 2010

Indispensable love
We have known and believed the love that God
hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth
in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1 John 4:16 KJV

Great is the power of might and mind,
But only love can make us kind,
And all we are or hope to be
Is empty pride and vanity.
If love is not a part of all,
The greatest man is very small.

I am around someone whose family farm is over in the Penn/Churches Ferry area and everything is getting flooded out, so they won't be able to farm any of their own actual land.  She has been talking about it to me, and telling me the comments people are making to them.  I feel that I am to be a listening ear, but listening with my heart, too.  That means being careful what I say to her, not being flippant about what I say,   She mentioned a comment another person, a Christian had said to her,  there wasn't a lot of compassion in his answer.  I am praying that God will give me a heart of compassion, because it isn't a place that I have walked so I can't feel it quite like she and her husband are feeling it.  It is like the poem,  If love is not a part of all.....if we do not truly care for someone when we talk to them, they will know and we will not be received.  And so my prayer is that God would give me a Heart of Compassion, it isn't about me, it is about being what God wants me to be.  To really care from the heart.  So when I see students at school who are "acting out", being a challenge, I ask myself why?  What are they experiencing that they are having a hard time dealing with in their life?

Father give us sensitive hearts, hearts that really care about those about us, and that starts with our own immediate family, what is happening for them that they need us to take a caring attitude towards them?  Guide our steps this day In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday, a school day, nothing really significant about except the above conversation and others with the counselor about how to help students who are experiencing what I am writing about.  After school I did visit with the teacher and then we to Cando and  cleaned the church and a visit with Matt and Mavis and then Bible Study.  It was a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment