Saturday, February 20, 2010

February 20. 2010

Death Defused
God is keeping careful watch over us and
the future. The Day is coming when you'll
have it all-life healed and whole.
1 Peter 1:5

All who believe in the risen Lord
have been assured of this reward,
And death for them is just graduation
To a higher realm of wide elevation.

I am repeatedly reminded that my walk with God is by faith in his son Jesus Christ, it is about his helping me to live this day and it is about a home with him in eternity, but too much of the time I hear Christians focused on it will be this way or that way,  I basically endure those conversations and then say what I live by,  It is about living every day as though it is your best or your last.  Loving and sharing Jesus right here in the now, what happens in the end, doesn't really matter, I have faith that Jesus/God will take me home to be with them, and how that happens may be a surprise to everyone.

Yesterday was the last day of Spirit Week, and those students had spirit, they weren't so interested in studying and learning, just spirit.  They ended their week with their annual volley ball tournament, I wondered what I was going to do,  I helped Jodi correct accounting papers and we had a good time of conversation together.  There was a quilt show in Devils Lake and I wanted to see it, so i went there for a while and then came home.  My quilts may not be like theirs but I am o.k. with what I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment