Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November 10, 2010

Yesterday we finished testing at school, I cleaned church after school and after we ate, Dad and I went to Zoar to church, they have a speaker who lived behind the iron curtain with his family

This is a devotion that I read today written by Joni  I was really encourage by it and hope you will be too:

For this is what the Lord has commanded us: 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles,
that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'"

-Acts 13:47

There is a church in England that has no lights. Many people who visit the church
are shocked that the architect left out something as important as overhead lighting.
But the architect had a plan. The various families who regularly attend the church
are given their own pew, as well as a lamp and a book. When a family comes to church,
their lamp is lit. If they are not in church, the pew is dark.

What difference can one darkened pew make? Not much, you might think. But what if
several pews are lacking lamps? Then the whole church would be affected. It's obvious.
If all are present and in their pews, the church is alive with light. If not, the
place becomes dark.

What a beautiful picture of the body of Christ! If any one of us is not using the
gifts God has given, there will be darkness; but as we use our gifts, the whole
body will be full of light,. This is how intimately we are linked one with another.
That's why the Lord made it a command - He has made us a light in order to shine
 for the sake of others.*[1]

"If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every
part rejoices with it" (1 Corinthians 12:26).

Help me to know, Lord, what it means to be a part of Your body, to function with
 others for the good of all and the glory of the Son. Help me to understand my place
in the body, including my responsibility to brothers and sisters around me. Help
 me to realize that my role, no matter how small, is significant. Shine through
me, Lord, so that the lives of my friends and family will be brightened.


Jesus bless your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment