Thursday, November 18, 2010

November 18, 2010

Yesterday was a good day, after school I went and cleaned the church.  I have kind of a ritual I follow, I try to get done so I can stop to see Jay and Illa Mae Brandt, Matt and Mavis, and Gladys.  I had enough time this week to do that.  Even a short visit helps them.  Gladys is really lonely.  Then we had Bible study and there were a lot there.  It was a good time.


VERSE:
  Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.
   -- John 17:17
    

THOUGHT:
  God's promises, God's Scripture, and God's clearest message of
all, his Son, are truth. But only the last of these is truth,
grace, deliverer, friend, Lord, Savior, brother, Redeemer...

PRAYER:
  O God, give me a holy passion to know your truth and live it in
both word and deed. Make my life a reflection of your Word, who
both proclaimed and lived your truth. In the name of Jesus, your
ultimate Word, I pray. Amen.

John 15:3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
1 Kings 17:24  Now I know that you are a man of God and that the word of the Lord from your mouth is the truth.

Psalm 51:6  Surely you desire truth in the inner parts;
you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.
Psalm 119:6 6  Teach me knowledge and good judgment,
for I believe in your commands

Psalm 143:10  Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

Job 34:32 Teach me what I cannot see;
if I have done wrong, I will not do so again.

Isaiah 45:19b  I, the Lord, speak the truth; I declare what is right.

Zechariah 8:16 These are the things you are to do: Speak the truth to each other, and render true and sound judgment in your courts;


John 4:23 Yet the time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

I am impressed with God's desire for truth, whether inside of us or around us or as we worship that truth is ever there.  That we seek the truth in our lives.

Father I pray that you would open our hearts up to your word, which is truth that you would minister it in our lives.  In Jesus Name.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment