Monday, November 22, 2010

November 22, 2010 part 2

Last night I spent the evening in a time of devotion, I was actually listening to a set of deliverance tapes, because being God's vessel and free from all the situations I face was important to me, and  after I had spent time in prayer I sensed a new peace in my life, so when I read this this morning I was blest, and wanted to share it with you.

VERSE:
  Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of
one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
   -- Colossians 3:15

THOUGHT:
  Peace - that illusive state of grace that incorporates all of
life's well-being. Because of Jesus, we have true shalom - wellness
in body, soul, and spirit. His relationships with others, his
victory over sin, death and the grave insures that we can have
peace, too! So as we receive the Spirit of Christ into our hearts,
we can live with our brothers and sisters, no matter how flawed in
a state of peace. Besides, as Paul changes metaphors on us, we are
the Body of Christ and of course a body does not want to be at war
with itself. So live in peace with others, and do so with
thanksgiving.

PRAYER:
  Blessed Father of all believers, please give me a heart to love
your people. I know as the character of Jesus permeates my life, I
will appreciate the preciousness of each of your children more and
will come to see those difficult family members as the grit out of
which you will fashion my pearl. I pray you give me grace till my
heart matches my commitment to love all of your children. In the
name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Colossians 1:28  We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ,

Ephesians 5:19 Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord,

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Romans 12:5 So in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

Romans 14:19  Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.

No comments:

Post a Comment