Thursday, November 25, 2010

November 25, 2010

Yesterday, they were planning to let school out at 1:30 but when the other schools let out at noon, we were dismissed at 12:30.  I know that Mr. Docktor doesn't want to leave until all of the students and staff have left, so I went and helped Jeannette with the dishes.  Then i drove to Cando to clean the church, I met Julie and Naomi on my way and also talked to Janet on the phone.  I always try to see my cousin Mavis and her husband Matt and have a brief visit with Jay and Illa Mae.  When I got home Russ Janet and family were there, too. I made two kinds of soup , Lefsa and grilled cheese sandwiches for supper.  Some didn't like the wild rice soup but I think they got enough to eat.  
The best part is that the computers were moved and Jerry and Janet changed the frig door so it opens the right way.  I am thankful for help with those things.

I have chose to share with you Joni's message this morning:  


"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do
people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and
it gives light to everyone in the house."

-Matthew 5:14-15

Born in 1900, my father loved to tell stories of days as a little boy in Baltimore,
Maryland. I heard about the first time the Wright Brothers flew their plane over
 the city. I heard about the first Model-T to chug down Howard Street, scaring all
the horses. And I remember Dad's talking about the old lamplighter.

Every evening at dusk the lamplighter would come down Stricker Street where Daddy
lived, carrying a lantern and a pole. He would make his way back and forth across
the street, lighting each street lamp. When the lamplighter disappeared into the
 twilight, you would always know where he had been by the avenue of light left behind.

An old story such as this communicates a fresh truth for present-day lamplighters.
As Christians we have the privilege of leaving a long trail of light behind us as
we touch for Christ the lives of those around us. Where we go, darkness is dispelled.
Where we minister, people see the lighted path we've left. Where we love, the Light
of the World shines.

"You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light" (Psalm
18:28).

The lesson of the lamplighter is to touch lives one-by-one. Saying and meaning "God
bless you" to the bag boy at the supermarket. Telling neighborhood children that
 Jesus loves them. Listening to the heartfelt pleas of a hurting friend and stopping
to pray right there.

May I introduce others to You, the Light of the World, and may their lives to touched
with Your glory so that they might leave a trail of light, too.

Father, help me to light the area where you have placed me, help the light I shine reach out to those around me, In Jesus Name.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment