Tuesday, November 23, 2010

November 23, 2010

Yesterday was interesting.  Sometimes I have students who are quite chatting, I had that happen yesterday, all I can be is a listening ear, and maybe she doesn't have anyone to do that in her life.....Later in the day we realized that we needed to get wreaths from Devils lake for school, so I and another gal drove down to get them, I think she had 137 ordered, so as we near Devils Lake we get into a lot of snow and compacted snow.  Then when I get to the light to turn left unto highway 2, they have fixed the light so it almost near lets you do that, we sat there through 4or 5 lights and people started sneaking around, It finally changed, they had called the school wondering where I was,  I will just never use that method of going that way, try a different street, so I changed all my plans and came home and cleaned, it is getting better.  I had a really long telephone conversation with Edna, and she has had a heart attack and is going to Fargo in December to see Dr.

VERSE:
  Enter [the Lord's] gates with thanksgiving and his courts with
praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is
good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues
through all generations.
   -- Psalm 100:4-5
THOUGHT:
  Worship is always about entering - entering into grace, entering
with thanksgiving, entering to share with others, but most of all,
entering into the Lord's presence in a special way. But our
entering is not the basis of worship. Instead, worship is about the
Lord's faithfulness, goodness, and enduring grace. We come to God
like so many before us, with God waiting for us. We come to praise
him for all he has been, all he is, and all he will be. We come to
enter and worship. We can do this simply because God is faithful,
through all the generations, to wait for us to come.

PRAYER:
  Faithful God, the Almighty Rock of Israel, the God on whom the
generations trusted, you alone, LORD, are God. I praise you for
your enduring grace and mercy. I praise you because I want my heart
tuned to your will. I praise you, because I want to prepare for my
longest lifetime, the one in your presence. I praise you in Jesus'
name. Amen.

Additional verses:

Psalm 96:9Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness;
tremble before him, all the earth.
113:4  The Lord is exalted over all the nations,
his glory above the heavens.
Leviticus 19:2  Speak to the entire assembly fo israel and say to them: Be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy.

1 Samuel 2:2 There is no one holy like the Lord;
there is no one besides you;
there is no Rock like our God.

Isaiah 6:3  and they were calling to one another:
Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
the whole heart is full of his glory.

Psalm 335  the Lord loves righteousness and justice;
the earth is full of his unfailing love.


Let them sing before the Lord.

What kind of a song are we singing today?  Can we rejoice in God's presence and care, 

Father, I pray that you would set us free to have that kind of relationship with you each one of us.  In Jesus Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment