Wednesday, November 24, 2010

November 24, 2010

Yesterday, I helped the online foods class prepare and serve a turkey dinner for the entire school.  They decorated the tables and and prepared the food.  It was very good and appreciated by everyone there.  I got a call in the morning that there was a cancellation so I could get into the dentist, so I went after school to Edmore.  We got a call that they are letting school out early today.  I still haven't gotten to Cando to clean the church so we will see how the day goes.  truthfully this house isn't so clean either but I am working on it.

This is a bit long but I really appreciate Joni's thoughts:


"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be
exalted in the earth."

-Psalm 46:10

One of the best ways to get to know God is to be... still. I have learned that lesson
from spending years in forced bed rest.

Up in my wheelchair, I can at least flail my arms or shrug my shoulders. But on
my bed, gravity works against me and, for that reason, I'm even more paralyzed when
lying down. Things aren't as distracting when I'm lying still and so I experience
firsthand a deeper knowledge of God through prayer.

Sometimes I'm amazed that, from my bed, I can help set into motion the cogs and
wheels of God's workings in the world. Through my prayers I may change the destiny
of a life or a nation. Lying on my bed, I can hasten the day of the Lord's return.
I don't move a muscle while I'm in bed, but I help move the hand of God here and
 abroad.

Try praying sometime while lying in bed (make sure not to do this when you're tired
or you might fall asleep!) Lie very still. Don't move. Invite the Lord to speak
to you in the stillness and quiet. Press your weakness up against His strength,
your ignorance up against His knowledge. Be still... pray... and get to know God
 better.

"An intercessor means one who is in such vital contact with God and with his fellowmen
that he is like a live wire closing the gap between the saving power of God and
the sinful men who have been cut off from that power," says Hannah Hurnard.*[1]

Lord, I quiet my soul before You. I am still. I lie down in Your love and open my
heart and mind to Your word. My prayer, this day, is to know You more intimately
 and personally.


When I have times at night and I can't sleep I use those times to pray, this is a reminder of the value of using God's time wisely and the power we have to change events around us.  God is able and he is waiting for us.


Father, I pray that you would help each of us to be more serious about our time and what we do with it.  In Jesus Name. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment