Wednesday, November 17, 2010

November 17, 2010

Sorry no writing for a couple of days, we have had some challenging times and I didn't really have the energy to write.  Last night Dad and I were over to Cando for supper with a family.  They are missionaries who have chosen to live in Cando. and Dad and the man did some shell reloading.  

VERSE:
  Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
   -- Psalm 119:105
      http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Psalm+119:105

THOUGHT:
  God's promises, God's Scripture, helps us find our way in a
pluralistic world of competing voices and lights our path in a time
so given to cynicism and despair. What such great grace we have to
know God's will in our own words! Now if we will only walk in the
light!

PRAYER:
  Loving Father, thank you for giving me your truth in Scripture.
To know that you love me enough to communicate in language so I can
hear and read your message is truly awe inspiring to me. Make my
heart hunger for your truth revealed in your Word. I want to grow
to be a righteous and gracious child in your family. With all my
love I pray to you in the name of my older Brother and Savior,
Jesus. Amen.

Proverbs 20:27  The lamp of the Lord searches the spirit of a man;
it searches out his inmost being.

2 Peter 1:19  And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it,  a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Psalms  119:130  The unfolding of your word gives light it gives understanding to the simple.

Proverbs 6:23 For these commands are a lamp,
this teaching is a light,
and the corrections of discipline are the way to life.

Proverbs 10:17  he who heeds discipline shows the way to life,
but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.

Psalms 7:15 He who digs a hole and scoops it out falls into the pit he has made.

Psalm 35:7  Since they hid their net for me without cause
and without cause dug a pit for me..

Psalm 57:6 They spread a net for my feet--
I was bowed down in distress.
They dug a pit in my path--
but they have fallen into it themselves.

I have read a few verses that go with the above verse, some I do not see the relationship and others I do.  But when ever we read God's word,  he can use verses to speak to us.

Have we dug a hole in our lives that we need to get out of, what is controlling us and keeping us from being effective in our walk with God,  It could be something major and it could be something simple  But God wants to take it over and he wants to set us free.

3 comments: