Monday, November 8, 2010

November 8, 2010

Yesterday we had Sunday School and church, Michael had a good message about the trials we have in life, and how there is good in them,  As we drove out of the yard, I had reminded dad about Romans 8:28  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose....The reason I said that was, Dad's glasses broke the night before in such a way that he can't wear them, I found another pair but in the morning he found even an other pair and needed a screw to make them work, so we had been working on that just before we left for church.  I have been thinking of that verse when I think of my feet and legs and the computer room move.  God is with us, but sometimes we don't like what we see, but in the end we will understand.

I had three for Sunday school and I am always blest by Trevor Fluge and the comments that he makes.  I feel that he is a child who knows Jesus and loves God.
We came home and rested, I keep doing a little bit more on the computer room project, it should be ready when you come.  Later i went to Frank and Dorothy's and then in the evening to Zoar Lutheran Church.  They have a speaker whose family was under Hitler, and part of them lived behind the iron curtain, he tells of how God provided for them, also how they were treat because they were believers.


This is the devotion for this day:
But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve,....but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord    joshua 24:15

While we can't speak for everyone in our family, we can commit to what everone in our family should desire: We will serve the Lord! But more than commit, let's set the example and lead the way. "I will serve the Lord, TODAY!" Then we can ask them to join us.

Give me wisdom, O tender Shepherd, on how to lead my family to love you more. Please bless my parents and thank you for their faith.  Please give me courage and sensitivity so that I can effectively share your truth with my children. O God, please bless those parents who are seeking to raise godly children that will someday marry the children you've given me.  I want my house to be a place where you are know, appreciated, honored, and loved. In Jesus name I humbly ask it. Amen.

This was the prayer with the devotion.  granted I can't bless my parents, but I can ask God to bless my children and I do daily.

Jesus bless your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment