Friday, November 26, 2010

November 26, 2010

Yesterday was 'turkey day' or thanksgiving, and it was a time to be together.  We are thankful for all who were able to be here and missed those who couldn't come.  We enjoyed a visit of cam with Brenna.

I appreciate Joni and share her thoughts with you;


"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."

-Proverbs 18:10

My sister Jay, as a teenager, was famous around our home for whining, "Daddy, I've
got a problem." We knew what that meant. He would laugh, reach for his wallet and
say, "Okay, Jay, how much?" It irritated me that she seemed to take advantage of
 Dad's kindness, but Daddy didn't seem to mind.

That's often the way we are with God. We run to Him for all the wrong reasons. We
go to God because someone has snubbed us and our feelings are bruised. We go to
God when we've failed and our pride is wounded. We run to God for sympathy, hoping
that He'll understand our point of view. I know I sometimes run to God because I've
procrastinated, forgot to prepare a message, and I don't want to appear stupid before
a whole bunch of people.

None of these are good reasons for running to the Lord, but thankfully, God doesn't
hold against us our wrong motives. The Lord doesn't even want us to waste effort
 trying to clean up our act before we come to Him - that's His responsibility.

Whether it's silly pride or self-centered disappointment, run to the Lord. Come
to the cross for all the wrong reasons. It is there God will redeem every impure
 motive.

Lord, when I have a problem, I know You are the place to go. You are the person
to reach for. Thank You for not demanding that I clean up my act before I come to
the cross - I trust that You will do that for me when I kneel at Calvary, confess
my sins, and bow before Your will. Bless you that Your name is a strong, high tower.
Your name gives me safety. I thank You for that.


Do we have something that we should take to God today? 

Father, we commit this day into your hands and desire to be your vessel.  Father guide us this day and give us grace for our needs.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment