Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 30, 2010

Yesterday we got up early and went to Grand Forks, I had an appointment to see Dr. Peterson about my feet, he is a very kind and caring Dr. and he explained that my problem had to do with the hammer toes, and that the pads on the bottom of my feet were not protecting my fee, hence I was walking on the bones and it hurts, and that affects my legs etc.  He had me get different shoes.  I also got a warm winter jacket and dad did some shopping, too.  We ate lunch with jacqui, and enjoyed our time with her.  We didn't stay in Grand Forks very long and headed home.  We stopped in Crary to see Jerry's family and their new home and got home when it was getting dark.  It was really blowing snow yesterday.
VERSE:
  The day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will
disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and
the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. Since everything
will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be?
You ought to live holy and godly lives.
   -- 2 Peter 3:10-11
THOUGHT:
  Holiness is that forgotten character virtue that is the
Christian's reflection of God, his or her holy and righteous
Father. In a day when grace is so easily cheapened, when anything
goes just as long as we want to be buddies with Jesus, Peter's
words should shock us into reverence - the holy commitment to set
our lives apart from the evil and satanic sludge that defiles our
world and to offer our bodies, hearts, and minds to do his will and
reflect his character.

PRAYER:
  Holy and Righteous Father, teach me to do your will and reflect
your character while offering your grace to others. May the
movements of my heart, the thoughts of my mind, and the actions of
my life be pleasing to you and reflect your holiness and grace. In
Jesus' holy name I pray. Amen.

1 Corinthians 1:8  he will keep you strong til the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Matthew 24:43  But understand this: If the owner of the house had know at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into.
1 Thessalonian 5:2 For you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night...
Revelations 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard: obey it, and repent.  But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.
Revelations 16:15  Behold I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed.
2 Peter 3:7, 12 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.  As you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.  That day will bring about the destruction fo the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.
Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Revelations 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth ahd passed away, and there was no longer any sea.


I was impressed by these thoughts, when I look around and hear and listen I see I world that is hurting and certainly not living for God, but I can have this confidence and hope that as long as I choose to live for Jesus and follow his ways, I am prepared for the future.

4 comments: