Thursday, November 11, 2010

November 11, 2010

Today is a special day, we remember those who represented our country and helped to give us the freedom that we have.  Jack and I have been hearing the speaker at Zoar who as a young person lived with his family behind the Berlin Wall, he tells of the sacrifice he made to follow Christ in that situation.

Several on staff at school were absent yesterday so there were subs and I had an extra job to do.  In the afternoon we had a lesson on stamp collecting for grade 5-6 I was in grades 3-4 another day.  This year there is a senior who got started collecting and actually got a real stamp book.

I am doing a study from Ann Graham Lotz  entitled Embracing God.  So you will be a part of this.  When pressures mount, instead of withdrawing or exploding or complaining, you and I need to run to our Heavenly Father, throw our arms of faith around Him, and embrace Him more tightly.  Why?  The Psalmist gives us three reasons.

1. He is my song   Psalm 84:1-4

Isaiah 49:13  shout for joy

Isaiah 52:9  burst into songs of joy together,
Job 35:9-10....who gives songs in the night.
Psalm 126:5-6 
 Those who sow in tears
   will reap with songs of joy.
He who goes out weeping,
    carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
   carrying sheaves with him.
Exodus 15:2 
The Lord is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Isaiah 12:2 Surely God is my salvation;
I will trust and not be afraid.
The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.

2 Samuel 22:1  David sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul....
    The Lord is my rock...

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trust in him, and I am helped
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song.

Psalms 18:1 I love you, O Lord, my strength

Psalm 32:7 
You are my hiding place; 
you will protect me from trouble 
and surround me with songs of deliverance.

Psalms 126:2
Our mouths were filled with laughter,
our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
The Lord has done great things for them.

Psalms 42:8  
By day the Lord directs his love,
at night his song is with me--
a prayer to the God of my life.

Psalms 59:16 But I will sing of your strength,
in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress
my refuge in times of trouble.

What theme has been lacking in your lfie?  Have you lost your "song" do you need to tune your heart to all the themes give above?  What are some other  'themes' that fill your heart with joy?

Father, I pray that you would reveal yourself and your desires for our lives, father show us how we may experience your joy and how we may then share it with others.  In Jesus Name.  Amen




5 comments: