Monday, November 15, 2010

November 15, 2010

Yesterday was church and Sunday School, and after a nap Dad and I went to Sr. center where a fellow told about his trip to Washington DC on Honor flight, it was very good, eh was enthusiastic about what he had seen and a very good presenter. We ate together and then came home. I wrote some letters, and then got the call from Jacqui that Sharon Martinson had died, that was a shock, again a reminder we never know when and are we ready?


VERSE:
 Trouble and distress have come upon me, but your commands are my
delight.
  -- Psalm 119:143
THOUGHT:
 This verse is hard for me, because I know I am so blessed.
Trouble and distress do not seem to be a part of my vocabulary
right now. But I know in many places in the world this statement is
true of Christians who are under attack and live under the threat
of persecution and possibly even death. But their love for God and
their commitment to obedience is greater than Satan's threats
because God's will is their delight.

PRAYER:
 Majestic and holy God, I ask you to bless and liberate your
church under persecution. But Father, I also ask that if physical
deliverance is not what is coming, I pray for my brothers and
sisters and myself, that we may be found faithful in death before
surrendering to compromise in life. Please strengthen our faith: we
believe but help our unbelief. Empower us through your Spirit to be
obedient: forgive us when we fall. Most of all, deliver us into
your glorious presence without fault. I pray this in the name of
Jesus, in whom I find my salvation and assurance. Amen.

Psalm 119:27  Let me understand the teaching of your precepts;
then I
will meditate on your wonders.

Jesus bless your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment