Sunday, April 12, 2009

April 12, 2009

Unseen Companionship
Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust Psalm 16:1

Courage, My child!  No hand shall sustain you but Mine own.  Hoped you for another? Disappointment awaits every soul not sustained by My love. Never draw from other sources, for when you do, you confuse comfort with strength.
The soul that has been enriched by communication with God will welcome solitude.  He will seek not the crowd but the closet, and emerging will never walk alone, for he has always unseen companionship, and whoever joins him on the way will be doubly blessed.

I hope I can put into words what I feel about this.  In my walk with God, there have been times when I have been invited to be a part of something, or to do something, that I know is not Gods desire for my life.  It may be something very harmless but it isn't what God wants in my life.  I have to make the choice, but when I do, God honors that choice and draws me closer to him.  Being a believer and following God's will for our life, does mean making choices, and there are numerous paths that we could follow, but only one choice is the one that draws us to his side.  It is 'More of Thee and less of ME"

Father, I pray that you would show us the things in our lives that keep us from having that close relationship with you.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday, was a day together,  The potato dumplings, the birthday cakes, game time,  playing,  Jacqui and I spent a brief time with Frank and Dorothy.  It is always hard to really talk to everyone when there are so many here, but I want you to each know, I appreciate you and the time that you were with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment