Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 23, 2009

First Happy Birthday Addison on her first birthday

Give Me the Firstfruits
Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee.  Deuteronomy 5:12

Give Me a heart that has learned how to become quiet and to rest. Anybody can work. Few people know how to be quiet. Ye must be able to collect yourself--to take time to absorb the Spirit of God. For to be freshly filled with the Spirit will bring the guidance and direction and wisdom and the will to do His bidding.
/
When I read this, I thought of how God wants our firstfruit, our tithe of our resources, but he also wants  first fruit of our personal selves.  What does that mean.  Are we willing to give him what is first in our lives?  Are we willing to sit at his feet and learn from him?  Are we willing to put others first before ourselves?  What does that mean to you?  It may mean something different to each of us.

Father show me my heart, show me how I can put you first in my life.  Help me to be a willing vessel, willing to listen to what you are saying to me.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday, I took a team of 13 students to Devils Lake to sell annual ads.  Before we left Starkweather school, I had to reprimand a student, I had told them to dress neatly and that I didn't want raggy jeans,  I had told her I didn't want to see jeans like what she was wearing.  So when I came to go there she was with the same pair on, she said she forgot, didn't have any others, etc.  I told her she could stay at the school.  In the end she found a friend to switch jeans to ones that weren't raggy.  We had to drive around by Cando to get to Devils Lake.  I had told the students that we might find people wouldn't be able to give, but for the most part they did very well.  The girl with me and I had one person who said he couldn't.  It was a good day, I always sit at the school when we get back and sort the checks, money and slips telling what they purchased.  By next week I will start making changes on the ads.  I came home and after we ate, I went outside. Dad had gotten a new tool that really helped wash the car, so I got the mud off the suburban and also raked and burned some leaves, etc.  It was a beautiful evening.  I was thankful that I could enjoy it outside.

5 comments: