Friday, April 24, 2009

April 24, 2009

/I seem to get mixed up on birthdays,  Happy Birthday Brenna,

The Need for Greater Faith
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God    James 1:5

Do not expect the trials to be lighter than in the past. I test all things, and there are areas of your life that as yet I have not touched.  Do not look for respite.  The days ahead may call for greater endurance and more robust faith than you ever needed before.
Apply your heart to learn wisdom.  This goal transcends every other aim, and any other good that comes out of a pressure period is an added blessing in excess.
Seek Me above all else.
/
This may sound a bit scary, but God has promised that he would be with us, he will walk through the challenges with us.  He is our guide.  It seems that when I read a group of verses, as I did this morning, they always seem to be directed to something, something that God wants to speak to me about.   He is leading and he is guiding us, he won't overwhelm us with something we can't handle, we may feel very stretched, but he is still with us.

Father, help us to see you in the challenges that we are facing.  We pray that you would make yourself real to us and guide us into the way you would have us to go.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday, was a usual school day.  Jackson and Jesse ride with me to school.  Well actually it was nice out yesterday morning and I walked down to see the road, they have opened it so the water can go through. After school they rode home with me, I was tired and took a nap.  I got up and fixed us supper and then I drove to school, where I helped elementary teachers with a special family math night.  They each made peanut butter pie in a bag, and after they were done with that, went to the classrooms for activities.  I cleaned up the hot lunch room so it was ready for the lunch afterwards. 

4 comments: