Wednesday, April 22, 2009

April 22, 2009

/Anticipation, Meditation, Participation
He taught.....He healed.....And in the morning....departed to a solitary place Mark 1:22,34-35

As you have honored Me with your lips, honor Me now with your ministry. Move on into active participation in My Will.  Anticipation, meditation, and participation: there is a place for each of these as you move from one to the other.  Never get bogged down at any one of these points.  Each is enriched by the other.  In solitude I minister to you, and in service I minister through you.  Both are essential.
/
I reflect that God does want to use us, and it is easy to get focused on being used and forget the need that we have of knowing the one who has brought us into this position in life.  I reflect on the times that I struggled with spending time alone with God.  It is so easy to get distracted, but if I truly want my life to be effective for God, it needs to start with time with God.  He honors that commitment.

Father, Help us to focus on you as the author and finisher of our faith.  To seek you early in the day, and whether we have time to sit for a long period of time or a short period, help us to use that time to know you better.  In Jesus Name.  amen

It is official, the road to Devils Lake is closed,  the water is moving, Yesterday was a good day at school.  We are making preparations for selling ads, so it means we drive around by Cando.  After school I went to Cando and visited their museum and got what information I could get about Assembly of God church,  finished cleaning at church and came home.  It is beautiful, the signs of spring that we see about us.


No comments:

Post a Comment