Sunday, April 19, 2009

April 19, 2009

/Faith Released
Whosoever will save his life shall lose it and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it   Matthew 16:25

I will be your peace. Storms shall not disquiet the trusting heart, but songs of praise and victory shall spring from the place of testing, and mercy shall prevail where faith is released.
No harm can come to the one who looks to Me as his protection, but he who endeavors to protect himself shall be exposed to the destructive forces he seeks to escape
He shall not know peace who runs after the rewards of the world.
/
Again I am reminded that the most important thing in my life is my relationship with God.  As I experience storms in life, he is there to protect me.  Yesterday I found myself in a situation, where I know I need to make a choice, and my choice is for God,  That choice means saying no to things that may not be harmful to someone, but they aren't what God wants in my life.  I am also reminded to sing praises in the midst of obstacles.  God's presence is greater than any obstacle that I face.  What are you facing that is an obstacle?  What does God want to do in your life?  Remember he has promised that he will never leave you or forsake you and low he is with you always.  Draw nearer, nearer precious Lord to me.

Father, we invite your presence into our midst, we thank you for your grace and mercy and that your plans are better than our plans,  Help us to be willing vessels, willing to be obedient to you.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

Yesterday was an interesting day, first the DAR meeting in Devils Lake, I really enjoy the ladies from here, and actually all the ladies, but meetings are not my favorite thing and some of the things that are important to some of the individuals, are not something I am interested in.    I did a little shopping and then came home.  In the evening, I spent some time doing some history research, and it was an interesting time.  Someone from Sweden, has found Hampden, and there was someone from there who came here, I was able to trace his family to his grandchildren.  It was actually interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment