Saturday, July 11, 2009

July 11, 2009

I Shall Gather My People

The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God 1 Peter 4:17

Today is the day of salvation (see 2 Corinthians 6:2), and again: "Seek ye the Lord while He may be found" (Isaiah 55:6), for the night comes.

Lift your eyes to the clouds, for the heavens are filled with glory. Yes, He comes with ten thousand of His saints. Lift your hearts, for you will not be afraid of those things that are coming to pass upon the earth. For I shall gather My people to Myself; and the flames will not touch them.

God is shaking and stiring, because as a family of God we have become indifferent and careless about our relationship with God, the only way he can get our attention is by shaking our lives and all that is around us.  The people that touch my life, whether family, or friends, are experiencing challenges that seem overwhelming, but in the midst of all that is happening, God is a loving God, he does care about what is happening for you,  and he is calling you to draw nigh unto  him.The only peace we can have in the midst of the storms is the peace that we experience in God.

Father,show me how you want my life to experience peace, and how you want me to demonstrate peace to those about me.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday, camp was over for this group of campers.  There had been this one camper who I may have mentioned before, he actually spoke in the last chapel service telling the others to live for God.  He will go back to a community which up to now has rejected him.  If you think, pray for Michael that the changes God is making in his life will change the attitudes of others around him.  I drove home by Sheyenne, the ditches are full of babys breathe, it is so beautiful.  I remember when Janet got married. Ina and I drove to SD for her wedding, and we had babys breathe in the car, it isn't relaly very fragrant.

The ride by Sheyenne is different than here, there are streams, and hills, and trees, then I drove by Minnewaukan, and actually stopped to see Robyn Thompson, we visited for a bit, and I got to see her flowers, they were very nice, I cleaned the church, and after we ate, I finished the mowing.  Dad probably better stay off the mower til we get the kidney stone think fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment