Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 14, 2009

True Dedication

Search me, O god and know my heart Psalm 139:23

I am calling you aside into a walk of Faith. There is no self-denial possible without full surrender. There are forms of self-punishment that cloak themselves in the robes of dedication but are really false expressions and not true piety. Only I can lay upon you a true spirit of humility and dedication. Only My love can motivate a genuine selfsacrifice

Do not deceive yourself. Let Me try your motives and probe the depths of your heart. My intention is to bless you, not to cause you unnecessary suffering.

God desires to do a work in our lives, to change us into the kind of person he can use, and one who has a love for him.  It isn't about us , it is about Him.  When someone comments on my cooking at camp, I tell them, it really isn't me, I can't take credit for the results, he has had to do the work in me to make it possible.  He deservies the credit and the praise.   What in your life is God desiring to change? Well, he is never done, we are a work in progress, and will be until the day we stand face to face before him. 

Father, thank you for this day, it is your day and we are your vessels,  Help us to be willing to walk where you ahve placed us and to do what you have given for us to do.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday, the weather was cool,  we continued with cooking.  We are short of staff in the kitchen, it will be better today.  Staff and some campers came and set the tables for us while we made pizza.  I don't want a lot of left overs, so we have been focusing on the amounts and amazingly it is turning out without a lot of left overs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment