Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 28,2009

Conviction and Forgiveness

The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.  James 5:16

My patience is running out. I have willed and you have resisted me.

You are indulgent when I have called you to rigid discipline. You speak soft words when I would require you to speak the truth.  You interfere with the convicting work of My Holy Spirit when you smooth over confession. I am no a severe God, unmindful of the frailties of human nature; but I am a God of divine love and holiness, and I desire your fellowship, and I long for you to know My joy.

God wants us to stand for our faith, to have convictions and to live them.  It is then that we will know his joy and presence.

Father, show us today, what you would desire for us to change in our relationship with you, and then do the work that makes that possible.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday was a day at home, I am doing some cleaning inpreparation for company to come at the end of next week.  I mowed lawn in the afternoon, it was a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment