Thursday, July 30, 2009

July 30, 2009

The ARt of constancy

Praise......God continually  Hebrews 13:15

In the midst of every legitimate activity your soul can be focused on Me if gratitude and adoration and worship have captured your heart. The soul of a man may be a continual chapel of praise as you learn the art of constancy in loving Me first and foremost.

You frequently emphasize how much you should love Me. But even more important is the constancy of your love, that it be the overflowing grace of your heart continually, so that every waking hour you are truly and literally walking and worshipping in the Spirit.

I guess I would say that this explains why I like to go outside, whether to mow or pull weeds.  Most of the time the tasks are 'no-brainer' so I don't have to really do a lot of thinking, so my thoughts can be purely God thoughts.  That is a special time of communion with God.  He wants our every waking/sleeping moment to be a time when we can commune with him.

Father, show me new ways that I can worship and adore you. In Jesus Name. amen

Yesterday, I did more cleaning, after we ate at noon, I started out for camp. I needed to clean at the church on my way there.  This is the Jr high Free Lutheran Camp.  I always appreciate these people, they are sincere and love Jesus. We have good conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment