Monday, July 27, 2009

July 27, 2009

Useless Striving

The servant of the Lord must not strive 2 Timothy 2:24

Be careful that you are fullowing Me, and I will care for all else. Striving is for those who have not yet learned to trust Me. Anxiety is the affliction of the self-possessed. The godly know their heritage and revel in the protection of their Redemeer. For it is in the blood of Jesus that refuge is found for every onslaught of the enemy.

This is quite self explanatory. God desires for us to rest in him, which means we will trust and not be anxious, we are protected by the blood of our redeemer.

Father, help us today to rest in you.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

I haven't written for a couple of days, Saturday , Jack, Jerry and I went to Winnie and Delorus 50th anniversary party.  It was help at Winnie and Melissa Johnson farm in a quanset. They served a supper and had a brief program.  we left after that, and I started for camp, in Devils Lake I needed some groceries and noticed I had a very sot tire, I drove to cenex to get some air, and then had to make arrangements to get to camp.  Someone from DL let me use their vehicel.  Jerry and Julie put the other tire on it on Sunday and drove it home and Dad came and got me after I was done at camp.  I guess thinking about this experience and Julie's experience with the airplane, all I can say is even if we don't like those situations, God did supply our need.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment