Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 7, 2009

An Uncomplaining Heart

Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth....he woundeth, and his hands make whole. Job 5;17-18

Bear joyfully My rod of correction. Know that while I minister to you, you are being prepared to minister to others. Make no mistake, there cannot be one without the other. Your attitudes need the disciplining of the Holy Spirit. Rest in Me in the quiet place and give Me an uncomplaining heart. I will fill it with My Grace. When I see that you are ready to do it, I will make My will inescapable.

All I can say is thank you God for disciplining me, I t isn't something I enjoy and it will be ungoing as long as I live,  It is only as I yield to God disciplining me will     anything ever change in my life. I reflect on some areas of discipline and the multitude of times I had to go through it before I seemed to have really understood   what God is trying to say to me.  I guess the whole thing of my listening to my husband is the one that has had the greatest effect for me.  I remember the night I called jacqui and we talked, I was sitting in the bathroom, praying.  Dad had not wanted the last exchange student and I didn't listen to him, It just doesn't work to not listen to your husband, God put him there to be the head of your home for a reason.   Anyway after a fall and winter of much frustration, and it finally came to a point where all I could do is pray, I needed to talk to someone and I called jacqui really late at night, and we talked and prayed.  I felt peace and we did give it to God,  It wasn't long before another family was found for her, but more important was what God was doing in my heart.    I see people going through experiences, people that I meet here at camp, etc.  I am reminded of the verse  2 Corinthians 1:3-4  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.  so are you experiencing something, that you need the encouragement of someone else, or is there someone in your life that needs the encouragement that you can give?

Father, thank you for giving us your word as a guide, help us to apply it to today, Show us Father, what you desire for us to do, are we to be the encourager or do we need encouragement?  In Jesus Name. Amen

This is a big camp, and obviously God wants to do great things, because we are having a lot of challenges.  So pray for staff and campers.  Yesterday in dining hall, I noticed two campers who were suppose to be doing dishes, were hassling each other, I got one of the staff and made them aware of it.  But after it was settled, I felt most a burden for the staff who were responsible for the two girls,and went to them to encourage them, and to let them know we would be praying for them.  When it came to the service, God moved, and I thank God for 12-13 year olds who are turning to Jesus.  I have wonderful staff, two from Poland, and one who is in her 80's plus several others,  I need to go now for our prayer time.

5 comments: