Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1, 2009

The Centrifugal Power of the Holy Spirit
Walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:4

All kinds of contrivances will seek to throw you off balance. The centrifugal power of the Holy Spirit within you is ever seeking to draw you and keep you in the perfect divine pattern and form. Do not resist it. Rather, resist the pull of the external forces. It is the world, the flesh, and the devil which influence toward destruction and ugliness.
Only the divine Spirit of God--nothing else--can preserve your soul and life in the beauty of purity and the expression of grace.

We need to listen to the spirit of God which dwells within us.  It came to us at the time we chose to follow Christ, and increased in relationship when we yielded to the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, but for it to be built up in us, we need to pray/pray in the spirit and read the word of God, then we will know the spirit and identify when the spirit is speaking to us. Oh how much we need to be in tune to the spirit.  I would have to say that some of the most focused times in my life happen when I am riding in the car by myself, sitting outside in the flower bed, going for a walk....times like that when I am alone.  Also in a worship service as we worship together, and not necessarily when someone is speaking.

Father, thank you for sending your son to die for us, and then your Holy Spirit to guide us.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday was interesting.  It was the end of a short came for little 8 and 9 year olds, I took Tiffany a counselor to meet her mother at Lakota and then I drove to Michigan to leave some art at the gallery for Julie.  I had an interesting visit with Paul and Jan Steffan from Edmore who were working there that day.  I came home and started planting the flowers that I had bought at the Plant Ranch on my way home.  I also picked strawberries from the patch by the back door... After we ate, dad and I went and mowed the yard at the O'Brien house.  It had gotten so high that Dad had cut and raked and baled the grass.  Robert got that and then we could mow.   When I came back I was planting more flowers when we got a phone call.  There was a family that was going to stay in the O'Brien house, but at the last decided to not stay, so we didn't turing on the water.  Here they were in Langdon, they had had a flat tire adn were riding on the spare, and to room they thought they were getting wasn't in Langdon but in Walhala, so they wondered about the house, I told them they could stay with us, but they had already driven a long way on the spare, so in the end we went and got them, I am making a trip back for JUlie Ann this morning so I will take them back to Langdon then.  Pray that we can get the water to work when we try to start it, because they want to stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment