Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 2, 2009

The Disciplines of Freedom
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
O My people, I bring you out of bondage as rapidly as you are able to cope with freedom. Hold fast in the liberty wherein I have set you free and allow not anyone to bring you back into subjection.
All sin is binding. In Christ is freedom, because in Him is holiness. The world with its desires passes away, but he who chooses to do the will of God will live forever.

I appreciate these thoughts, and remember times in my life when God has set me free from bondage.  I think of John 8:32,36  Then you will know the truth, and truth will set you free...So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.  Is there something in your life that has you in bondage?  God doesn't want it that way, he wants to set us free.  We need to come to him asking in faith for deliverance.  Sometimes it is desirable to have some one pray with you and be accountable to them.  When God sets us free we need to fill that freedom with God(word and prayer) otherwise we can find ourselves slipping back into bondage again.  It is a beautiful thing to see/realize that God has set us free from something.  and realize the peace that we have in Christ.

Yesterday was a very interesting day!!!!  First I took the Isums back to Langdon, I was concerned that we weren't going to get there in time and I needed to be there by 10:30 to pick up Julie Ann's Azure Foods order.  On the way to Langdon I realized they seemed to have some issues with trying to transfer money to a daughter in Virginia.  I left them at the motel and they would call us to be sure that we had the house ready for them.  I got home before noon and after we ate.  Jack and I went to the O'Brien house, I vacumned and Jack got the water going, we racked off a lot of the grass and cleaned up around the house so It looked o.k.  I got water in town for them and came home, to hear from dad that they had found someplace in Nekoma to stay, so an afternoon of work for nothing.  I spent time pulling weeds and using Jerry's weed eater, so the yard looks good.  Long Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment