Thursday, September 10, 2009

September 10, 2009

Frugality and Supply
Better is little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure and trouble therewith. Proverbs 15:16

You shall have My blessing as you bear the yoke, and in carrying My burdens there shall always be joy. I have called you for this ministry, and I will supply your needs so that you will not be weighed down with financial cares. Be willing to do without until I supply. Such as is needful I will give. learn to discern the difference between necessities and luxuries, and be content with modest things.

Does this say anything significant to any of you?  I think it is something we could all take to heart.  Sometimes it is easy to forget, that we do have what we need, and go and get something really that we could do without.  We are called to ministry and it may be to just be a parent, or spouse, or maybe a single person and God is looking at our faithfulness in what ever area he has called us to.  With that faithfulness to our calling, he will expand our horizons as we desire to be used in other ways.  He will supply our needs.

Father, help me to faithful to your calling in my life this day.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday after school I went to Cando and cleaned the church, then spent a little time with Matt and mavis and on to Bible Study at Dick's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment