Saturday, September 19, 2009

September 19, 2009

God's Purpose
Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is God. Matthew 19:17
God's purpose in making you holy involves His own glory. He is not waiting to hear you called holy; He is listening to hear you call Him holy. He is not interested in making you a reputation, but in making you a disciple.
The rich young ruler flattered Jesus by addressing him as "good master." and Jesus rebuked him, pressing upon him the necessity to decide either to not call him good, or to acknowledge His deity. How then can he be pleased that one should desire such a reputation?

Its not about me, its about God, its not about you its about God, it isn't easy to let go of our desires and to put God's desires first.  We might have to evaluate, Does this really glorify God, or does it glorify me?  He is working in us to change that.......

Yesterday I had doctor appointment in Grand Forks, Jack took me, and appointment went o.k. I know that I am o.k for now.  We got somethings and were home by 3:30  Jack went swathing and I painted the outside of the deck, it looks a lot better.  I am also creating a bit of a flower bed along the airplane hanger.  I don't like the way it looks right now.  We found some crumbled rubber(similar to chips of rock) and I am going to use that there.

No comments:

Post a Comment