Sunday, September 13, 2009

September 13, 2009

Sincerity
He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him Hebrews 11:6
Of the flesh, nothing spiritual can ever be produced.
This is why I said I loathed your sacrifices. It was not that I despised the ordinance in itself, but I perceived that it was an expression of self-righteousness, showing your indifference to the claim of God upon your heart.
My ordinances are to be entered into with deep sincerity and with awareness of their true significance. To sacrifice in carelessness and ignorance is to damage your own soul. Let your spirit never become callous.

Sometimes I wonder when we sacrifice, why?  What do we do that is not really a God directive, that we do as man made ordinance.  We might want to check and ask ourselves the question, does God really tell us to do that?  Is it really biblical?

Father, open my eyes to see you for who you really are, to understand you the want me to understand you, and then to live the way you direct me.  In Jesus Name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment