Friday, September 25, 2009

September 25, 2009

The Spiritual House
We are labourers together with God:ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
1 Corinthians 3:9
Each life is like the building of a house. Much labor is required in preparing the foundation. I build slowly and carefully, and you need patience, for years may pass before the superstructure of your spiritual house begins to take shape.
The swiftness with which I build is determined by your reception of truth. Truth assimilated generates creativity. Obedience practiced generates productivity. Therefore, a teachable spirit and determined desire to do My will hastens the working of My purposes in you.

The results really do depend upon our willingness to respond, it seems we are stubborn, dense, whatever so that makes the spiritual growth take time.

God help us to yield, to understand, to listen, to respond.  In Jesus. Name. Amen.

Yesterday afterschool, I burned some piles of grass at O'Brien house then I went to town to see the printing stone now that they have it there.  One of the students has been telling me about his grandpa's old pickup so I drove by to see that and then came home.  I painted the south wall upstairs, it was a beautiful day  I leave at noon for women's treat at Bismarck, so I won't be here tomorrow morning.  You all have a good weekend.


5 comments: