Sunday, January 11, 2009

christmas memory

Jerry and I were talking about Grandma Helen and her Christmas morning breakfasts. He remembers the pancakes and sausage, and there probably was cranberry juice. I found this which was a part of that time.  They were two little lanterns that she would put on the table.  We always went to Grandpa and Grandma Neidlingers on Christmas morning.  I am sure you have all heard about our first Christmas.  Grandpa Oscar had bought us a TV(we didn't have one so we went to their house to watch theirs)  One night we went to watch TV and the back door was locked.  That is because they were trying out the new tv that Grandpa Oscar had bought for us.
  I found these lamps in a box which includes decorations that we aren't using but have sentimental value and I have saved them.  I gues some time when all of you are here I should get the box down and have you each pick out things you would like to keep.  Just a little memory for today.

6 comments: