Saturday, January 10, 2009

January 9, 2009

Pretense Will Not Worship
The Spirit.....will guide you into all truth.  John 16:13


Out of much solitude comes a depth of understanding I cannot give to the one who closes himself in with noises to prevent hearing the emptiness of his own soul.
Only prayer furnishes the soul with nourishment, but prayer itself must be born of singleness of heart.  Presence will not enter the gate of worship.  Better to be a sinner and confess it than to profess purity you do not posses.
Search your heart in the light of My Word.  Let the Holy Spirit give insight.

/When I think of what was written by the author and then think of each of you, I suspect that most of you will say, Well I don't understand that, or that doesn't mean anything to me.  What is really on your heart to day, or this morning as you go to work, or as you do whatever you are to do today?  Are you able to focus on what you need to focus on, or are there challenges and frustrations that are overwhelming you?  God cares about whatever your need is, about what ever is happening, and he wants to meet your need.  But I think we have allowed so much busyness(or noise) to fill our lives, to put us in a state of confusion that we can't hear from God. I guess that is why I like the ride to school, by myself, no music, time when I can ask for Gods guidance, time when I can pray for you. It is why I am here in this room alone, writing this to you.

Father, we give you this day, show us what is hindering us from hearing from you,  We know you are talking to each one of us, maybe for some you are going to have to really shout for us to hear, but you will.  Help us to listen to the still small voice within each of us, that is drawing us to you.  May we hear from you this day and sense your presence.  In Jesus name.  Amen

Yesterday was a good day, after school I helped the student from Taiwan with his studies.  We had worked the last period of the day but didn't have everything done, and he has a General Business project that must be completed by the end of today.  I am working at cutting some blocks for a quilt.  I really want to get rid of fabric in this house.
/

/

/

No comments:

Post a Comment