Monday, January 12, 2009

January 12, 2009

Be Not Afraid of Solitude
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you  1 John 2:27

I have a ministry for you.  You have not found it yet because you have been earnestly and in sincerity and with humble heart trying to conform to the patterns of others.
Be not afraid of solitude.  You will not lose My touch.  You will not miss a blessing.  How shall the hand of any other bring you greater joy or clearer insight than I can bring to you Myself?


/This again is a devotion that it is hard to put into words my thoughts and I am sure you will each think I am crazy, but I am sensing that for this season of my life, some of the things I thought were so important, I don't really desire.  YOU may not be there, but please be patient with me for feeling this way.  Saturday, we were at Senior Center, one of the lady's is using her embroidery sewing machine, I could be using mine, but I don't feel or have any desire to do that.  I see other things in my life that were once so important and now I don't desire them either.  I know that God is changing my goals and desires in this season of my life.  Is there something in your life that you once saw as important that you may not feel so keen about today?  God may be changing your direction in life.  For the past maybe 10 years or more, I have felt a strong desire to be in ministry, but that is only doing what God wants, and as I have yielded to God, he has been cleaning out my life, but he has also given me opportunities to be used by him.  I know that it is God.

Father, we thank you for this day, we thank you for your everlasting love for us, We thank you for being so patient with us.  Guide our steps this day, show us what you want in our lives, open and closes doors for us and help us to know it is you.  In Jesus name.  Amen
/
Yesterday was a good day, we had Sunday School and Church. Gene, one of the men is leading us in a video series on Israel.  It is really timely in the light of what is actually happening there.  We must always remember that God has placed Israel there, they are his chosen people.  There are plenty of scriptures that tell about God's provision for them.  You all remember the way we set the tables in the basement, there were people on three sides and in a room behind.  We have very few children, but I think they to were learning from what we saw.  Our pastor is speaking to us about the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, and he puts it in very easy to understand words, ands shares from his own experience.  I don't know if you remember my own experience, but this is about it.  I have told you about my feeling like I couldn't cope with life,  At one time I walked from the garden and prayed for God's help, thinking that I would end up being a mental case the way my life was going.  So them comes Halloween night and I am invited to a meeting with a group of Bible School students at the Legion Hall.  I was a youth leader in our church, and Betty Boatman would have had children there, she invited me to come.  After the Trick and Treating episode I went to the meeting.  I don't know if I took you three oldest children with me or not.  There I heard youth from this Bible school  share their faith, I had never heard that.  There was a message by the leader and then a time for prayer.  I really wanted to witness to my Father,  he was an alcoholic and I knew that only Jesus could change his life.  I went for prayer and I was baptized in the Holy Spirit that night.  God was in the steps in my life.  For soon after that we went to Oral Roberts University and there we both heard about the Baptism.  I came back to home from ORU and made a poor choice of doing a personal activity(cake decorating class) when God really wanted me in church, the next night at our Methodist church I asked God's forgiveness and I know that was a key choice in my life(putting God first and asking forgiveness when I didn't put God first)  That is a long time ago, but from then on I saw God giving me a desire to read his word, and to pray.  Many a time I have made a wrong choice, but as I sought God he would show me my mistakes and I would ask for his forgiveness and then we would go on with life.  I hope that I haven't bored you with telling this but this was a key time in my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment