Saturday, January 17, 2009

January 17, 2009

Recognize My Hand

He brought me forth....into a large place 2 Samuel 22:20

I have assured you that there would be a reward for your faithfulness.  You are now at a place where you can already lift up your eyes and look upon it.
I have prepared this for you, and I have stood beside you through the times of endurance.  I have urged you on when you would have given up, because I would not allow you to fail.
Recognize My hand in this.
Your work is My work, and I am well able to take care of every aspect.

We get so caught up in every day activies, everyday life that we loose sight of why we are here.  This week Dad and I went to see Frank and Dorothy at the hospital, and really Frank is very fragile and we know how much he would like to leave this world and go to be with Jesus.  He has lived his life faithfully and  it would seem like his work is done.  Then last night we went to the family service for Aggie Schonauer.  Her son Dale spoke and told about his moms life.  She never had it very easy, they lived in a tiny 4 room house, no running water, no bath room, until after the children were gone.  She was a very loving caring person, and then for the last years of her life, her mind had left her. Both are a reminder that life is fragile and all that we are and have are there because of God's grace.
What is happening in your life that you can recognize as God's hand?  I like that thought, "Your work is My work, and I am well able to take care of every aspect".  Sadly we try so hard to do it ourselves, if only we would relax and let God do it for us, and we just be his vessels.

Father, we lift this day to you, help us to relax and let you guide our day, help us to listen to your voice, meet the needs of each family member and bless them in a special way.  In Jesus name.  Amen

As I said we went to family service, they aren't having a funeral because Judy and Jill didn't come home.  I am glad that we went,  there isn't a lot of family and there were other neighbors there, too.  I don't really have any other news, Trusting that you all have a good weekend, and we are glad that our 'travelors' are in Florida.

At the beginning of this post I have included a photo of Aggie Schonauer with Jack when he was a baby, she babysat him.  It would have been the summer before she and Vernon got married.  Their wedding day was the same as Jack and mine.

-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment