Saturday, January 10, 2009

January 10, 2009

Spiritual Liberty
Go in to possess the land, which the Lord your God giveth you  Joshua 1:11

An entire generation perished because of indecision, for though they were bodily freed, they never wakened to their spiritual liberty; they grieved the spirit of God for forty years and died in the wilderness, never having received the promise (Hebrews 3:15-19)
Bringing you out, My children, is only the beginning.  I am preparing a people who shall go in.  They shall possess the land.  They shall be strong in the Lord, and they shall fulfill My purposes (Joshua1).

/What does God want to set you free from?  Is there something in your life that is holding you back.  When I experienced the Baptism of the Holy Spirit about 40 years ago,  I was really struggling in my life.  I had asked Jesus into my heart, but I wasn't living the way God wanted me to live.  I have only one remembrance that is walking from my garden crying out to God for help.  My life was a mess even as a Christian.  I had allowed a lot of things to control me and I was miserable.  I don't remember how long before my heart cry and God's response, but he did hear and answer.....  It happened on a halloween night.  I had taken the children 'tricks or treating' in Hampden.  I was a youth worker in our church and one of the families invited me to hear a group of Bible School students at the Legion Hall.  So after going with the children I went to the Hall, I don't remember if I took them with me or not.  There I heard students testify to the things that God was doing in their lives.  It was wonderful and new to me.    Remember my dad was an alcoholic and that was one of the things that was completely destroying me(I often felt that I would end up in a mental hospital if my life didn't change, I couldn't cope with what was happening to me).  After the young people testified, the leader spoke.  In the end he asked if you desire power to witness to come for prayer.  I wanted to tell my dad about Jesus and didn't know how or wasn't brave enough to do that.  So I went for prayer and God met me that night.  It was the beginning of a new chapter in my walk with Jesus.  The verses John 8:32,36  became key verses in my life  They are: Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.  I said it was the beginning of a new chapter in my life,  and it truly was, God opened  up my heart to him, in the years that have followed God has been setting me free and continues to do just that.  He gave me a hunger for his word and a desire to pray, granted he has allowed plenty of things to happen in my life, but at each turn and challenge he has been there to meet me.......So, where are you today, is there something in your life that is troubling you,  God wants to meet you and set you free.

Yesterday was a school day.  Ken had all of his work done before the last hour, that was good for him and good for me.  I am glad it was Friday, I was tired and rested after school.  I had several phone calls in the evening.  Gary and Shirley are friends from Dad's college days and I talked to them.  Gary has MS and their lives are difficult.


No comments:

Post a Comment