Thursday, January 29, 2009

January 29, 2009

/He Has Filled My Cup
He said...As captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face  Joshua 5:14

I stand before you as the Might Captain
              of the Hosts of the Almighty.
    And you as men of war(See Joshua 5:13-15
               See no longer
To rest in green pastures and lie beside still waters
    For I have issued my command to wipe
              out the giants.
    And to utterly destroy the inhabitants of the Land./


I read that passage from Joshua 5:13-15  Now when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in his hand.  Joshua went up to him and asked, "Are you for us or for our enemies?"  "Neither he replied, "but as commander of the army of the Lord I have now come."  Then Joshua fell face down to the ground in reverence, and asked him, "What message does my Lord have for his servant?"  The commander of the Lord's army replied, "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy."  And Joshua did so.
When I first read this, my focus was on the part about wiping out the giants.  I thought to myself, what giants are in my life, what am I struggling with this morning?  I guess I would have to say trusting God/doubt  I don't know what is happening for you today, but there are somethings that right now I don't feel I am trusting God like I should be.  But then I read that passage and I was struck with a different focus....the holiness of God, when he is speaking to me to reverence his presence and to yield to him completely.  None of us are on the same page in life, but that doesn't matter, God cares about what is happening for us right where we are.  He desires to meet our needs, IF there are giants/obstacles to our walk with him, he wants to meet us, he wants to set us free from them.

Father we come to you this day, we thank you for bring us to this place in our walk with you, help us to seek you and your will for our lives.  Father, if there are giants in our lives, we ask you in Jesus name to set us free from them.  Guide our steps, direct our paths, and help us to walk in the way you have called us to walk.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.


Yesterday, was a school day,  The children had a lyceum and I am wondering how Jackson and Jesse liked that.  After school I went to Cando and cleaned church,  I stopped to see Matt and Mavis, and Gladys, and left some things with Kim Sieler for a project that she is doing.  It was a good evening.  I can see by Julie's twitter that she is at the airport going to Nicaragua.


No comments:

Post a Comment