Wednesday, January 21, 2009

January 21, 2009

I Will Share My Secrets

He revealeth the deep and secret things Daniel 2:22

I will share with you My secrets
and reveal the hidden things.
I will lift you out of darkness--
Understanding will I bring
If you see Me in My fulness
And desire to know My heart.
I will open heaven's riches
And my wisdom I'll impart.
I have not ordained My children
To be blind, uncomprehending.
I will be the light eternal
Revelation to you sending.

/If we want to know God, really know God, it is all about yielding to him.  That may not seem significant to you this day or at this season in your life.  I reflect on my own life, it isn't about me, it is about God, it is about knowing him.  When I read in God's word about people who heard from God, God hasn't changed, he wants to do the same thing in our lives.  He is waiting for us to come to him.  Have you ever had a decision to make and you didn't know what to do?  You thought, Oh I wish he would write the answer in the sky so I would know what to do.  God really does want to speak to us, and he does, but I think we have colored our world so much with the world around us that it is hard for us to hear his voice.  Step away from the world and listen for his voice.  That can even happen when we are in the midst of the world.  God wants to commune with us where ever we are at, not just when we are alone with him, but even in the midst of people.

Father, We give you this day, help us to hear from you even in the midst of what seems like confusion.  Father, help us to step back and see the events and activities around us in the light of you and your word.  In Jesus name. Amen.

Yesterday, I stayed after school so I could take photos of the boys playing basketball.  Now I have covered all the teams, so I won't need to go to any more games. The visiting team was from Warwick and the players were Native American. One of the coaches had taught at our school. By the last game the gym was filled.  I left at half time, that was enough basketball for me.  I was able to watch the activities in Washington. It is always quite impressive to see the events there.  But now comes the real test,  and we need to be in prayer for our president and what takes place.

/

5 comments: