Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20, 2009

Happy Birthday, Alicia, one day late.

Here is a photo taken of you as a baby with Lori Gudmunsen and Auntie Julie.











I Anticipate Your Dependence on Me

Nevertheless I live, yet not I , but Christ liveth in me Galatians 2:20

Do not wait to feel worthy, for no one is worthy of My blessings.  My grace bypasses your shortcomings, and I give to My children because they ask of Me and because I love them.  I give most liberally to those who ask the most of Me.  As you open your heat to Me. I will come to you.  As you speak to Me, I will speak to you.  As you reveal yourself to Me. I will reveal Myself to you.
/
How much God wants to help us and we try to do everything ourselves.  I remember Grandma Helen telling how she would ask for God's help in what cook for meal, we might think that is insignificant, but in God's eyes he does desire to help us with everything.  He did meet her needs, and give her inspiration for cooking.  The more we ask God for help the more we see his desire to meet our needs.    I remember a couple of years ago, I wrote down several goals for the New Year, at the end of the year I went back and was really blest to see how God had been working in those areas.  I believe we are short changing God, for he truly does want to meet our needs.

Father, we come to you for this day,  We pray for your guidance for this day,  when we encounter a problem we can not handle or don't know what to do, help us to open up to our hearts to you and ask for help and then be willing to follow your instructions.  In Jesus name./

Yesterday, I did not have school, so it was a day at home,  I am making a quilt, so I sewed some of the blocks,  in the afternoon Jack took me to New Rockford to physical therapist, and we stopped to see Frank and Dorothy on our way home.  He is doing much better.  I forgot to wish Alicia Happy Birthday yesterday, trusting that you had a good day, Alicia.  There was much on the news about inauguration and Martin Luther King, the fact of a black president and Martin Luther Kings sacrifice,  but I feel there are many others that sacrificed before him, that also should be recognized.

No comments:

Post a Comment