Friday, January 16, 2009

January 16,2009

Rejoice Always
Rejoice in the Lord always.  Philippians 4:4

Be obedient to My command that you rejoice in the Lord always.  Because I must become your one true source of life and joy.  I allow the difficult circumstances to come. Through them,  I test your love for Me. My love for you is constant and is not to be reckoned by your own happiness or unhappiness.  If you have unhappiness, it is because of your own wrong reactions.
Learn to react rightly and properly discern My intention.  Never blame Me for your misery, for it is not from My hand.

/We don't like the way things are happening in our lives sometimes, but God wants to use those unpleasant situations.  He wants to use them to draw us to him, to make good life choices.  When you look at yesterday or today, what is happening that you don't like?  Why?  Is there anything you can do about your situation?  Or does God want to use it to do a work in you?  Have you been disappointed by those around you?  Have they not met your expectations in life?  What can you do to change the situation?  For the most part we usually can't change our situation, but who can?  Yes,  we need to let go and let God, he is the author and finisher of our faith.  He is able, abundantly able to do more than we can began to comprehend.......But we need to bring it to him and let him.

Father, today, I give you myself, all that I am and all that you want me to be,  help me to listen to your voice, to be willing to yield myself to you.  Create in me a clean heart and renew in me a right spirit.  In Jesus name.  Amen.


Yesterday was a school day, after school I returned pictures and information to David Erickstad from the history project that I am working on,  he told me about an Erickstad man who was involved in the Manhattan project.  That is before your time, but it was the building of the atomic bomb.  he was a brilliant man.  But he struggled all his life with mental illness.  It was really hard on him realizing that he had been involved in making something that destroyed all of those people.  I went back to the school and watched some of the girls basketball, taking photos for the annual.  Seth Hanson was a referee for the game.  Some of you would have gone to school with him.  Last year he was very sick with encephalitis, so it is truly a miracle to see him there doing that.  He teaches at Grafton.




No comments:

Post a Comment