Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January 27, 2009

/Submission and Redemption
Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction  Isaiah 48:10

Death is swallowed up in victory only for the man who has committed fully into the hands of the Father his total being. Trust Me now, as I do My perfecting work.
Lean upon My heart. I take no pleasure in afflicting your soul.  I desire always for you a speedy deliverance.  You help to bring it as you trust Me and as you yield your soul to My work in you (Romans 7:24-25)
/
It seems that of late I have had several people/situations where death is the topic.  One expressed fear, another is some one who has no church, so that says something, too. and now we have Frank who has been in the hospital for atleast 7 weeks.  They want to bring him home, and need people to come and help with his care.  I suppose in everyone there is a kind of fear of death and it is because we are stepping into an unknown,  when actually we are stepping into the unknown everyday of our life.  Several weeks ago on Sunday in church we were singing  The King is Coming, as I sang that song I had a picture in my mind that was special that morning.  There was a person/ could be me walking up into heaven and the road was lined by white robed people.  There were babies who never got to experience life, youth taken to soon, those who lived to be very old, they were waving and cheering those who were arriving.  As I write, I get a sense it is like a runner crossing the finish line.  Rejoicing and cheering.It is also like people lining the street for a parade,and cheering.I don't write this to put fear in your hearts, God wants us to be focused on him and his will and desires of life, and he will put in our path situations where this is a reality.  He is preparing us.
Father, we commit this day into your hands, help us to live it in such a way that we will not be ashamed, that we will have no regrets, that we will be thankful and that we will keep our eyes upon you.  Minister to the needs of each one, In Jesus name.  Amen

Yesterday was the beginning of the Chinese New Year, Ken our exchange student brought gifts, there were ties and tie clasps for the men, and really nice chop sticks and a light pen with us name on it for the ladies.  He had been with a family this weekend that helped his weekend to be very special, we are thankful for that.  I work with him atleast one period of the day.  Last night, I put a zipper in his sweatshirt for him.  Otherwise, it was a usual day.  Alice did call in the evening about Frank coming home and the need for someone to stay there so Dorothy gets sleep at night.

6 comments: