Monday, January 26, 2009

January 26, 2009

Heaven's Gifts
My people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.  Isaiah 32:18

Quietness of soul, My child, is heaven's rarest gift enjoyed aforetime.  To abide in Me is to know release from tensions, and the ear that is attuned to My voice does not respond to chaos.
People assault their ears with noise to drown the cry of their souls for help.  All too often they choose to perpetuate their own misery rather than repent of their evil ways and accept the rulership of another who is greater than themselves.

What a wonderful place that will be and God wants it to be like that here for us.I feel that the words are self explanatory,  we express our frustrations by our actions.  God wants us to acknowledge  our needs and he will give us peace.  I have probably said this before by my favorite verses are John 8:32, 36  Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.   During my life I have repeatedly seen Jesus do this in my life,  He would take the problems and set me free and the result was peace.  But I had to be willing to come to him and allow him to do that work in me.

Father, we do desire peace in the midst of a world of chaos, we come to you this day, and ask you to search our hearts, show us what is standing in the way of our experiencing true peace.  Draw us to you so that we will experience your cleansing and then father fill our lives with you.  We are thankful for your care and for bring our family home safely.  Guide our steps this day and meet the needs that we have.  In Jesus name.  Amen

Yesterday, we had Sunday School and Church.  I have started having a Sunday School class with Mikaela Osborne,  Her Mom is playing piano for us and her brother drums.  Next Sunday her dad will be our pastor because the team is in Nicaragua.  She is a third grader, she loves horses and legos.  We were at home for the rest of the day.  We are thankful that all of you got home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment