Friday, January 23, 2009

January 23, 2009

/Inner Calm
Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace:  thereby good shall come unto thee.  Job 22:21
Let nothing disturb your quietness of spirit, for from the place of inner calm you draw courage to move forward through all obstacles.  I am never the source of turbulence.  You may react with turbulence when I am dealing with your soul, but whenever you do so, it is because your will is in rebellion and you have stiffened your neck.  My disciplines are received with peace in the heart that is submissive to My will./

Do you ever feel a rebellion arise inside of yourself?  Obviously after reading this, I am reminded that when I do I am rebelling against what God wants in my life.    God does want to work peace and calmness in our midst, and in ourselves.  He doesn't want us to get caught up in the storms that rage about us.  We are living in a time of many storms,  and I am not referring to the ones outside, rather the storms in the world, wars, rumors of war, discord whether among nations, workers in business, within the family, whatever unit there is.  God desires to give us peace as we yield to him.

Father, we give you this day, If there are storms in our life today, our prayer is that you will help us to keep our focus on you and all that you are, all that you do, and all that you give to us.  and Help us to keep our focus on what you have done for us on the cross and are doing in us.  Father, I pray for each member of this family, that you would minister to their needs this day, and draw them to you.  In Jesus name.  Amen

Yesterday, there were some challenges because of exchange student.  I feel badly for him, he didn't ask to be placed in the situation that he is in, granted he really shouldn't have come to US because his skills are not adequate to do the work.  So the rep came to our school and after discussion, she gave him a test.  She thinks someone else took the test for him in his country.  They could send him home.  But if not, the home where he is at is not a place for a young student(I think he is 15)because there is very little supervision.  So we don't know what the next days will bring.  I help him everyday, doing his lessons.   After school I went over to Munich, to visit a lady and her daughter.  They have moved here from out east.  The lady has MS and was a college professor, she is a writer and has poetry and short stories published.  They probably aren't the traditional people, but I feel that God wants us to love them and welcome them.  We had a quiet evening,  I am doing a bit of sewing on that quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment