Saturday, January 3, 2009

January 3, 2009

Take the Glory with You

Walk as children of light  Ephesians 5:8

Behold, I have brought you out of a dark and solitary land.  I have given you a drink from My own hand.  I delight in your companionship.  For I have seen your devotion, and I have observed with pleasure your thoughtfulness to those less fortunate who have crossed your path.
Take the glory of the mountaintop with you; take My presence, My light, My love.  This is not the valley of personal darkness--this is the valley where you will find those who need the touch of blessing you can bring.

/When I read this I thought, you will think it a bit irrelevant, so here are some personal thoughts.  Darkness, I remember how my mom would send me out to feed the dog at night, it was dark and I was to feed the dog away from the house, so I would run til I could get into an area where there was light.  I didn't like darkness.  I have always thought of dark as being where sin is at, but light as being where Jesus is at.  Works of darkness often take place at night, sin, sinful life styles, etc.

She is talking about being in a place where we find those who need the touch of blessing you can bring.  Each one of us can be that vessel.  It doesn't have to be super spiritual.  God will bless you as you show kindness.  Last night I stopped at a store to get cat food, the man at the til, was kind, friendly, he was doing just that, touching those he served by his attitude. I walked away thinking his job isn't very exciting, but he was making the most of it. Each one of us is in a position to do that, and it may need to start with the one we are married to,or our parents, or our children.  They may be the ones God is calling us to love.  I have struggled throughout my life, having a not very compassionate heart, but as I seek God, he is showing me people and he is giving me compassion.  It isn't me, it is God, so now I start feeling compassion for a student or staff and then realize that what I am feeling is God working in me.  That others around me may not feel that compassion.  If you remember I wrote in my Christmas letter about this at the end of the letter.  What can God do if we see people the way he sees them?  Every person is God's creation, but they aren't all alike.  On Sunday when we were at Aberdeen at church, there was an older man ahead of us several rows.  I feel that he was somehow handicapped, but that didn't deter him from worshiping God.  He could simply worship from his heart and express his feelings.  God wants us to see people like he sees them, he loves all of them.Is there someone God is speaking to you about, that he wants you to show a bit more love and caring for?

Father,  Thank you for making me the way I am, and for each one in my family.  Today, father our prayer is that we would desire to live in your light and that you would help us see those around us like you see them.  Help us to value each, and to accept them the way they were made by you. In Jesus name.  amen


*Personal note,  Yesterday, I went to Cando and cleaned the church, Michael was there and we tried to get the BGMC material on the overhead projector,  we haven't got it working yet, but he was working on the music.  I then went to Physical Therapist at New Rockford,  I think we are getting at what to do for why I have the pain in my leg, I came by DL and then home.  We have thought of coming to Grand Forks, but I am feeling this morning that maybe we should stay at home.  I have been gone a lot of really would welcome a day at home.  Love all of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment