Friday, January 30, 2009

January 30, 2009

My Energizing Spirit
The city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.  Revelation 21:23

My child, I will help thee. I am more real than all thy desires or thy fears. My Spirit is a quickening, life-giving Spirit.  I come to be thy Light.
 Surely if I can brighten all of Eternity,  I have ample supply to flood thy heart and mind and thy body with My might power.  My light, and My love--My deep joy and My energizing Spirit.
/
Jesus wants to 'lighten' up our lives.  The writer may not have had this in mind, but Jesus came to lighten up the load we carry, he came to carry our burdens.  He also came to light our path.  Have you ever met someone who truly radiated the presence of the Lord? What a contrast from someone who seems to radiate all of the sin of the world.  Who do you want to be like?  God is calling us and drawing us to him.  He desires to change our countenance, our very being, he desires to come and dwell in us and change our lives.


Father, we come to you this day, we pray that you would light our path, that you would lighten everything about who we are and what we do,  That we would allow you to carry those burdens that we are trying to hold on to in our life. Show us Father, who you want to be in our lives.  How you desire to change us.   Do a work in each one of our hearts this day to bring us closer to you.  In Jesus name.  Amen

Yesterday, was a normal school day, but evening we know some effort is being made to move the exchange student into a better environment, to a new home.  I don't know how long the process will take to get the family approved, but they will be a good home.  After school, I had a really soft tire, so I drove right to Hampden to get it fixed.  I did some sewing in the evening.  By last night, we could see that Julie was on the airplane to Nicaragua.


No comments:

Post a Comment