Thursday, January 1, 2009

Devotions January 1st

Happy New Year to my family.
For some time I have wanted to have a way to communicate with all of you, and so I decided to start with the first of January.  Todays e-mail will have a few more details so you will understand what I am doing.  I have a little book Come Away My Beloved, with thoughts for each day.  It is by Frances J. Roberts, and years ago I read her complete book.  So the thoughts I am sharing come from her.  I do not have all of your e-mail addresses, so I may ask you to share with me other family e-mails.


January 1 - I SEEK TO LIFT YOUR LOAD   Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He shall lift you up.  James 4:10
Seek Me early; seek Me late; seek Me in the midst of the day.  You need Me in the early hours for direction and guidance and for My blessing upon your heart. You need Me at the end of the day to commit into My hands the day's happenings.  And you need Me more than ever in the busy hours, so that I may give you My grace and My tranquility and My wisdom, I desire to take the tensions of life from you.

To my family:  I like to spend January 1st reflecting on the past year.  I keep a journal and sometimes I go back and read what I have written during the past year.  I may not do that today, but I feel certain that I will reflect on 2008 and what changes have happened in our lives, times when I feel God was directing us.  But then I like to set some goals for the coming year.  It is the rereading of those goal at the end of this year that is significant.  I remember a couple of years ago, I went back and read the goals I had written at the beginning of the year, wow they had happened.  Thank you God.

Father,  quiet my heart to listen to you, because you are the one who truly needs to guide me.  In Jesus name.  Amen


On a personal note,  Julie Ann, Jackson and Jesse went with me to Devils Lake, it was a fun day of shopping, eating together and ending the trip with a drink from the Coffee Connection, plus lots of time to visit. I did see Frank at the hospital, He and Chuck were reading the newspaper and some books.  I am still writing Christmas greetings to people, but it is going o.k.  Trusting that each of you had a good evening.  Mom(Grandma)

19 comments: