Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January 28, 2009

As Rains of Refreshing
Humble yourselves...under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time  1 Peter 5:6

Do not be anxious concerning tomorrow.  You shall encounter nothing of which I am not already aware.  My mercy is concealed within every storm cloud.  My grace flows beneath every crosscurrent.
The storm is not a thing to fear but rather to welcome.  As soon as you have made the discovery that in the time of stress and strain you have the clearest revelations of Myself, you will learn to head into the wind with sheer delight.

/Sometimes it is so hard to humble ourselves, we think we have and then God has to humble us again.  I reflect on what we experienced in the 90's, I can think of many a morning sitting on the sofa feeling really distraught and praying for help.  I feel that we are going into a time of experiencing similar, but God is with us and has promised he will never leave us or forsake us.  When we are anxious, we miss the blessings that are there in the moment, because we are focused on the future.  Today is the day God has given us, he only asks us to live it.  I reflect that God is loving and cares about what is happening for you and me, He is all that we could ask in a Father,  So he desires to do everything that a really good earthly father would do.

Father, we thank you for this day, help us focus on being all that you have made us to be just for today.  Father, who can we bless and encourage, to help their day be all that you desire it to be? Help us to see that the stresses we are experiencing are given to us to help us grow in our relationship with you.  We yield ourselves to you.  In Jesus name.  Amen
/
Yesterday was a day full of challenges, especially for those I love, my family.  It was a usual day at school.  I did what Janet suggested and used cliff notes for Ken's English, but even with that It was difficult.  There was time to work some more on quilt blocks.

4 comments: