Thursday, January 8, 2009

January 8, 2009

Preparation
I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go  Isaiah 38:17

No event in your life is a mistake. I will use every circumstance to enrich your ministry and perfect your soul.  You shall go because I have eed of you, and minister in the full power of your calling.
I shall thrust you forth.  The opening of doors is My responsibility; but the preparation of your soul is your own responsibility.
If you would be ready when the time comes, be diligent and follow My guidance.
/
My personal thoughts:  What ever is happening to you, God is in it, the problems the frustrations, the good things,  God is in it.  God is desiring to change us and sometimes, it is very painful.  We don't like what is happening, we don't like pain.  But if we would look to him he will show us what he is doing.    Romans 8:28  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  All things, is God in what is happening for you today, something you don't like.  Seek God, ask him to show you what he desires in your life,  I feel that he in his own loving caring way, will show you.  Sometimes now when something happens that I don't understand, but as I seek God, a still small voice inside tells me, This is for your benefin, thank me for what I am doing.

Father, we give you this day, it is your day, and we are your vessels, guide our steps and direct our path, minister to the needs of each one, may they feel your presence and sense that you are truly guiding their steps, help them to thank you for what they are experiencing even if they don't want to thank you.  Draw them to you.  In Jesus name.
/
Personal note-Yesterday was another day of school.  I feel badly for little Jesse who got sick at school, we trust that he is better today.  After school I went to Cando and cleaned the church.  I called Gladys Neidlinger and told her I would bring food, so I went and ate with her.  Just as with each of you, I brought the photos from Christmas and showed her the photos.  She showed me a photo of Terry and Joy Roppel.  Joy was Dick and Judy's daughter.  Then I went to Gene Dick's house for bible study.  Ciara Klein brought a power point presentation  about spiritual gifts,  there were quite a few of us there, and we had a lot of discussion about what she showed us.  Ciara is a really special girl, that I have know since she was really little, and she is growing up to be a gem.

Today is a special day,  Happy Birthday Julie,  I remember when you were born Julie,  a very cold night.  Grandma Helen came to stay with the rest of the children.  I think it is when Janet showed Grandma the matches.  I remember praying that you would come quickly and you did.  But what I really remember is that when I first learned that I was expecting again.  I wasn't all that enthusiastic about another baby, because Janet was little and we were enjoying her.  I remember praying at the alter of the Methodist church, asking God to forgive me of my attitude, and he truly did forgive me, and you have been a blessing in our lives, just like each one of you children.
Father, we pray that you would bless Julie's day,  that you would help her to grow in the wisdom and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.  That she would see your fruit in her life and that you would meet her needs just as your word tells us that you will supply our every need according to your riches and glory in Christ Jesus.  In Jesus name.  Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment