Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January 14, 2009

Hold Your Ground
Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it.  Numbers 13:30

I have not brought you out of the wilderness to allow you to be devoured by the giants in the land.  I brought you out by a miracle and I bring you in that you may  experience My delivering power.
Stretch for the hand of faith.  Set foot upon the territory you wish to claim.  I will move ahead of you and clear a path, but you must be determined to follow closely, and to hold your ground without wavering.

When I read this I thought, what in my life do you desire to set me free from, what is controlling me and keeping me from hearing from you?  I believe if we ask God he will show us.  I know that he is changing my desires, and most of you have been recipients of that as I have given you things that I once used and no longer use.(stamps, etc.)  But I think that this could be different than physical things.  Are there things controlling our lives that keep us from being the person God wants us to be? Is it the things I say, the thoughts that I entertain, the actions that I express.  The author speaks of giants in the land, but what are the giants in my life?

Father, we commit this day into your hands, we thank you that you do care about the small details of our daily existence.  Help us today, to search our hearts and examine our actions. Father, what about my life do you desire to change? Help me to be a willing vessel and to yield to your still small voice as you speak to me.  Father, I pray for my family for their protection and your guidance in their lives.  Father guide our choices, open our eyes to what you desire to do in us.  Thank you for caring about our every situation.  In Jesus name. Amen

Yesterday, the key word was cold, but then it was the same for all of us, this morning I put a blanket around me as I sit and write.  Since it is the change in semester there are changes in my schedule at school.  I actually covered for Maureen Bertsch yesterday morning.  I visited Myrtle in Hampden.  She is a person living alone on a very limited budget.  She has an embroidery sewing machine and I have some designs that she is going to try to down load on her computer.  I hope they will be of help to her.  God has opened the door for her to make some items and sell them. 

4 comments: